Ways to get involved:
1. Register and read the website. Once registered, login (see "User Login" in the left side column), and post comments about what works and doesn’t and how you would revise it to work better. Your comments will be incorporated in
revisions of Yoism, The World's First Open Source Religion, where
involvement = helping "to write" it. Let's go!
[How to register: Send us an email with your desired username, password, and your email address along with a brief statement about yourself. We'll register you as a new user and send back your login information.]
2. Come to gatherings in the Boston area. You can also join the Yoism-Boston listserve to hear about gatherings and other events/activities in the Boston area. If you are located outside of the Boston area, consider starting gatherings where you live. Let us know where you are located and, as we learn
about others in your area, we can put you in touch with one another. We have also formed a Yoism-Gatherings discussion group for those trying to develop gatherings in areas outside of Boston.
3. Ditto re: The Book of Yo.
The Book is due for a few major rewrites before we arrive at a solid
Version 1.0. Stuff from the website needs to be incorporated.
We also need to incorporate numerous points that have been raised at
our "gatherings," where we read parts of it each week and
then discuss the reading. We have notes about what worked, what
didn't, what was needed to make it clear, and what needed to be
corrected. Help us determine what else needs to be changed
about it. There is now an online edition being developed that anyone can edit.
4. Join the Yoism discussion group
and/or other Yoan listserves of interest. Or join the Yoism Facebook Page.
5. Tell your friends and
family, as well as to other organizations, listserves, news
organizations, or blogs about Yoism. We made it easy to do this: Just click the "Share" link at the top right of any page you like and spread the word!
6. Donate your skills! One website programmer has volunteered to revise our website and reorganize it. Another computer expert has taken it on himself to patrol the WikiYo and to ensure that spammers can't destroy it (as they did). Another example, if you know how to program using Flash, you could solve a major problem we have with bandwidth and videos.
7. And yes, of course, you can donate money. Without material resources, nothing of significance gets accomplished in the Real World. Note that unlike religious scams that generate wealth for those controlling the religious sect, at the end of 2007, donations to Yoism were insufficient to pay for this web site and the founders of Yoism, rather than recieiving one penny from the limited donations we do receive, continue to contribute money to Yoism. We really do need your help!