What content on this web site is original?
All unattributed text is original and is covered by this copyleft license. If you share or adapt any of this material, you must give appropriate credit (to yoism.org), indicate if any changes were made, and provide a link to the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license.
Some short, attributed text pieces are fair use. Longer attributed text pieces are owned by their copyright holders as are graphic images, music, and videos. Due to the nature of Yoism — an open source religion that intentionally incorporates the best memes that humanity has created into an overarching set of sacred beliefs and values — there is material on this web site that does not fall under the creative commons license. As the material comes from many, many sources, the original creator may not be known to us. When the source is known, attribution is given.
In Case of Possible Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content shared via the Yoism Open Source Religion project infringes your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing or electronically:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us or our agents to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
Daniel Kriegman, ℅ Yo, Inc., 20 Dorcar Road, Newton, MA 02467.
Only DMCA notices and notices relating to complaints in connection with infringement of intellectual property rights should go to the Copyright Agent. Any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications should be addressed to our web site management team.
WE CAUTION YOU THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE CONTENT IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.